UC housing costs for rent paid up front by family.

Hi all,

I’ve got a client who is looking to move out from the family home into her own accommodation.

She has found a place but the landlord is very reluctant to take on somebody receiving UC. They are saying that they are only willing to take her on if she pays 6 months of rent up front.

Client’s family may be in a position to help her with this. But if they were to pay the rent for her up front in this way would she still be able to claim for housing costs in her UC?


Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published.