UC claim by former student

If a student abandons his course, because of severe illness, soon after receiving his first student loan payment of the new academic year, am I right in thinking that:

1. he is no longer a student, so can claim UC immediately;
2. he may be assessed by Student Finance England as having been overpaid some of his student loan, which he would be asked to repay straight away; and
3. if he claims UC he will have no deemed income arising as a result of his student finance?

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published.