UC and housing costs

My client, single & aged 55, has a low income but works full time and does not receive any benefits. ‘Entitledto’ shows UC entitlement of qpprox £40 per week including housing costs.

However, if I change the housing to supported, then there is no UC but £15 pw HB.

I seem to remember that if someone is entitled to any amount of UC but could claim HB as in supported/exempt, they would receive full housing benefit.

Its likely that if he claims UC, they will contact HB, who will confirm it is supported/exempt.

My question is – would he be better off claiming UC or will he only get the £15pw HB?




Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published.