Tenant on UC with own company receiving job retention scheme payment

I have a tenant who is a contractor with his own company and is now on UC. He has been receiving job retention scheme payments which he has paid to himself as a salary from his company but did not declare it to UC. My understanding is that he needs to declare it to UC as this is the equivalent of furlough payment. Am I correct?
And should he be viewed as employed or self employed then for UC purposes?
Thank you

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published.