Temporary Housing & UC Work Allowance

Happy Monday All!

I have a tenant in Temporary Accommodation, who’s housing costs are being paid by Housing Benefit but the higher work allowance has been applied on her UC award.

The UC regulations (Reg 22 (2))  and decision maker guidance (ADM chapter E2) state that the Lower work allowance should be applied where the UC award contains an amount for the housing cost. I can’t find any mention of the Lower Rate applying when there is a HB claim.

Does this mean that the tenant is entitled to the higher work allowance or am I missing something?


Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published.