Severe Disability Premium enquiry

I have an enquiry form a tenant who has a joint tenancy with his Mother .. The tenant does not have a Carer ; claims ESA and PIP for daily living (enhanced ) and Mobility (standard)  I have told him to claim SDP and to claim 50% of the rent from HB . He has been advised he is not eligible for SDP by DWP because he lives with his Mother (joint tenant)  and Partner.  His Mother is disabled and receives care from the Partner who lives at the address . The Partner claims Carers Allowance. for looking after the tenant’s mother . The tenant receives no care from his Mother or her Partner . Are DWP correct in refusing the claim.

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published.