Settlement Visa, no public funds – destitute carer


This is the scenario…

Bangladeshi husband has a Settlement Visa which has been extended to 21/05/2023.  He has had to move back in with his wife (they had separated) to care for her.  They have 2 children.  The wife receives UC, CB, CTS. 

He came to the UK in 2005 on a work permit and overstayed.  He married and has had the Settlement visa for over 10 years.

The husband had to give up work to care for his wife and has no income.  The UC is a single claim.  When they were a couple they had a joint claim for CTC & WTC but when he moved out, she informed HMRC and hence had to claim UC.

Is there anything he can do or claim? 

Thank you

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published.