Partner has no recourse – UC taking non dep charge?

Hi   I cant see the definaiton of a non dep in the UC regs,
My customer ‘s husband has a nino but no recourse to public funds.
UC have assessed claim giving her the single persons allowance and taking his wages into account and applying tapers
I am happy with this bit 🙂

However, whe he stioopped working, the started taking a non dep charge for him instead? I think thats wrong but as I cant find the definition of a mnon dep in there regs, i cant say its definately wronng. In HB, a partner is specifically excluded as being a non dep

Can someone confirm whether UC can take a non dpe charge for a partner with no recpurse when not working?

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published.