Moving from N Ireland to GB

I’ve been looking at this thread

I have a query concerning a client from N Ireland who was placed in hospital in England. His ESA has been paid throughout from N Ireland. He wants to stay in England and the plan is for him to move to independent supported living. He has never claimed PIP but will be advised to claim it immediately.

My query is – does in the information in that thread apply to income related ESA or contribution based only? He seems to have been told he must close his N Ireland claim and make a new claim here. No SDP because no PIP as yet. He may need to claim HB for the ISL (haven’t checked yet) but that is likely to happen before any PIP decision.

Will he need to claim UC?

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published.