Mixed age couple and sdp (again)

I have just had a couple referred to me.  He has just turned 65, she is 58.  They were getting ib-ESA, the claim was in his name.  She gets hr care DLA, he gets er PIP daily living.  She claimed CA for him, but he didn’t claim for her so they had one sdp for her on their ESA.
HIs ESA stopped at 65 and they were told to claim UC, which they have done and it has resulted in a huge drop in income.
They shouldn’t have been able to claim UC because of her sdp – but what should they have claimed?  He can’t claim PC because they’re mixed age, and she cannot make a new claim for ib-ESA. 
Is their only option to continue with UC and ask for the compensation payment?

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published.