Continuing with HB

Cl was in ‘specified accommodation’ and consequently got HB. The cl then moved out into a Housing Association house in the same area and attempted to transfer the HB claim to the new property.

The LA reportedly told him he wasn’t able to claim or transfer HB but has to claim UC instead.  When questioned by a colleague the LA said that it was because HB for ‘specified accommodation’ cannot be transferred in the same way and an ‘ordinary’ HB claim.

I can’t find anything in the various Regs to confirm or deny this assertion and I was wondering if anyone had any ideas?

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published.