Claiming UC after living abroad

Hi there, I have a client wanting to know about applying for benefits.  She is a British citizen and has been livng in USA for 4 years.  She has coming back to the UK fleeing from Domestic violence with her child eho has dual citizenship. I know that she will not receive UC until she has been living in the UK for 3 months but when should she begin the claim? after 2 months so she will get it then?  Or just after 3 months?  She has been in UK for 10 days.

Is there any other support she can get due to her situation? 

Also; could she get child benefit for her child?  Thank you for any advice.

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published.