Carers Allowance


I have been contacted by one of our tenant who is claiming carers allowance as she looks after her father and she gets a top up of income support.
However she has been in an accident and has been told that she will be out of action for at least 3 months – therefore worried that she will not be able to care for her father.

I have looked in cpag but I cannot seem to find anything re her getting a break in her entitlement.

My thinking is that she will have to inform CA that she is no longer caring and her IS will stop and she will have to go on to UC (she has 3 children) so this will be very difficult for her to transfer over.

Any suggestions greatly accepted?

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published.