Access course and universal credit

Cl is in receipt of UC and has been found to have Limited Capability for Work Related Activity.

Cl is not in receipt of DLA or PIP.

She wants to take an Access course at the local college but is worried about whether she can do this without her UC stopping.

Can anyone advise? I have had clients in the past who have been able to take courses at university while in Support Group for ESA but they were both getting DLA.

Cl is understandably worried that if she notifies UC that she is attempting to study they may decide that she is fit for work.

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published.