2 Homes payment when moving from UC to HB

If a person moves from private rented accommodation (rent covered by UC HCE) to sheltered accommodation (rent covered by HB), can they claim 2-Homes payment? – he has unavoidable liability because he has to give a month’s notice.  He meets all of the HB conditions for a 2-Homes payment (e.g. he has physically moved into the new home)

I’m aware that this isn’t available to UC claimants – but might it be available in this scenario now that he has HB for the new home?  Or, is it not possible because it was UC covering the old home?

Any thoughts?



Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published.