S1 and pension credit

I’ve received the following and am fairly sure she’ll need a right to reside other than an S1 certificate / document – but said I would double check – thanks –

My mother is a pensioner from Sweden. She lives in England and has

pre-settled status and an S1 document. It seems that if you need to

claim means tested benefits and have Pre-Settled status, you would usually be expected to prove that

you have an additional ‘right to reside’, such as being a worker or

having a family member who is a worker. She moved here after retiring

and has never worked in the UK. Can an S1 document remove the need to

prove that she has an additional ‘right to reside’ if she needs to apply

for pension credit or housing benefit?


Leave a Comment